Monday, December 13, 2010

HOLIDAY with OHANA ;)

Spending a week of holiday at Penang and the mythical island, Langkawi was quite memorable, and FUN! :)) It was definitely a week well spent with OHANA, and my baby :)) The first two days were spent at Penang, and Mugi's dad sponsored us to spend the two nights at the Travel Lounge. Thanx uncle :)) Penang was cool, especially the ferry ride to the island and the food hunt. I loved the cendol so much! Oh, we also managed to watch Social Network at Queensbay the night before we left to Langkawi. It was a serious, yet nice movie even though I was a little blur at first. I am a slow person and damn, he was talking like a trainnn!!! Believe it or not, Suraj was seriously overwhelmed by the movie and he got too emotional (?). He was suicidal! :P

At Yew Chong's place :)
We spent the next four days at Langkawi Island. It was quite worthwhile despite the over-budget thingy. Other than that, everything else was pretty cool. We stayed at this resort that I cant seem to remember the name, but it was really nice because it was located just next to the seaside, and we had four queen-sized bed. Lovely right? :)
We spent ample of time at the beach and played in the water when the tide was high and the waves were furious! It was a blast! In fact, even simple thing such as taking a stroll by the seaside during the sunset felt special. It was beautiful. 

 

On our second day at Langkawi, we went for snorkelling at Payar Island and it was quite exciting. It was so fascinating to be able to witness all the beautiful marine lives just before your own eyes. I saw a cute clown fish among the sea anemones, the spiky sea creatures, glowing fishes, and many more. WOW, God's creations are unbelievable! Exhausting, but it was worth it. Also in Payar Island, we had so much fun feeding the fishes while playing a fool at the same time! Hilarious!
I sorta ruined the second night with my carelessness by accidentally causing my nose to bleeeeeed!! I hit somewhere, someone? It was not so serious, though. The pain alleviated and the bleeding stopped after some time, but my nose was blocked due to the clot. It got better the next morning, and I was so happy that I could breathe with my nose again :) Yeay!
Apart from that, the boat ride in Kilim was uber-cool. I, particularly enjoyed it, especially when the dude was speeding the boat and the strong wind was blowing against my face and my hair was going haywire. We went to the mangrove swamps, explored the caves and watched the eagles flying across the swamp area. 



Besides, we also went on the cable car at Gunung Mak Cincang. The view was spectacular and I immediately fell in love with the blue sea which was glittering under the sun. The atmosphere at the high altitude was so fresh and scenic.


I enjoyed our last dinner at Langkawi simply because the restaurant that we went to was really nice, served pretty decent food and played cool music. And, not to mention the surprise that OHANA gave me and arveen after all the peculiar acts that puzzled me. Thank you so much guys, that was really sweet and lovely. I appreciate it alotttt! Also, thank you to the dude with the amazing voice who read the dedication and sang us the birthday song. We gave him some cake to show our gratitude and later on, he came up to me and arveen and personally wished us. So sweet of him! :) 

On our last day, we checked out and decided to visit the Underwater world which was located not far from the resort. They were countless marine life displayed over there and most of them were breathtakingly beautiful that I wished I could be a marine biologist and study all those unique creatures in the sea. Some creatures were so huge! I took loads of picture until my phone ran out of battery!


















We left Langkawi late in the evening via ferry that traveled straight to the Penang Island. The journey took us up to three hours and it felt really long, and we were basically freezing in the ferry. We traveled back to Butterworth and spent the night at the Travel Lounge again, the place where we spent our first night. Mugi fetched us early the next morning and brought us to the bus station. Me and Suraj were the last to board our bus, so we had to bade Arveen and Kavi goodbye and watch them leave before us. :( The journey back Seremban was ridiculously LONG, and it was the longest bus ride in my whole entire life! Omg, it took almost 9 hours before we reached Seremban as the bus stopped at a couple of stations along the way. Sickening, but I was really glad to be back home to a much needed rest! :) I had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment